Disaster Relief Resources

For Tips & Strategies for dealing with the impacts of a disaster, please click here.

LIVESTOCK & Feed Assistance

For information about how to manage lost, found, deceased animals during a weather disaster visit: https://www.tahc.texas.gov/emergency/index.html

If you need hay or livestock feed delivered to stranded livestock, contact your county emergency management coordinator or your county judge to obtain a State of Texas Assistance Request (STAR) form. These requests must start at the local level. To find your county emergency management coordinator or county judge, simply search online using the name of your county and emergency management coordinator or county judge (example, “Waller County Emergency Management Coordinator” or “Waller County Judge”).

State Disaster Relief Resources

TDA: State of Texas Agriculture Relief Program (STAR): Many of our fellow Texans are in need of a helping hand. Texas Agriculture Farmers, Rancher, producers and agribusiness owners are rebuilding and working towards picking up the pieces after all of these natural disasters. As natural disasters continue to impact Texas farmers and ranchers, the need for donations continues. STAR Fund money may be used to assist farmers and ranchers in rebuilding fences, restoring operations and paying for other agricultural disaster relief. https://www.texasagriculture.gov/Home/ProductionAgriculture/DisasterAssistance/STARFund.aspx

TDA: Hay Hotline: For donating hay. https://www.texasagriculture.gov/Home/ProductionAgriculture/HayHotline

Winter Storm Preparedness: https://www.milavetzlaw.com/winter-storm-safety-what-you-need-to-know/

Federal Disaster Relief Resources

FSA: Tree Assistance Program (TAP) to provide financial assistance to qualifying orchardists and nursery tree growers to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes and vines damaged by natural disasters. The 2014 Farm Bill established TAP as a permanent disaster program and provides retroactive authority to cover eligible losses back to Oct. 1, 2011. For more information, visit http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov 

FSA: The Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) provides compensation to eligible livestock producers who have suffered grazing losses for covered livestock on land that is native or improved pastureland with permanent vegetative cover or is planted specifically for grazing. The grazing losses must be due to a qualifying drought condition during the normal grazing period for the county. LFP also provides compensation to eligible livestock producers who have suffered grazing losses on rangeland managed by a federal agency if the eligible livestock producer is prohibited by the federal agency from grazing the normal permitted livestock on the managed rangeland due to a qualifying fire. For more information, visit http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov

FSA: The Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) provides benefits to livestock producers for livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by adverse weather. In addition, LIP covers attacks by animals reintroduced into the wild by the federal government or protected by federal law, including wolves and avian predators. For more information, visit http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov

FSA: Emergency Loans (EM) to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters or quarantine. Ems may be made to farmers and ranchers who cannot obtain credit from commercial sources and own or operate land located in a county declared by the President as a disaster area or designated by the Secretary of Agriculture as a disaster area or quarantine area (for physical losses only, the FSA Administrator may authorize emergency loan assistance). Emergency loan funds may be used to 1) restore or replace essential property, 2) pay all or part of production costs associated with the disaster year, 3) pay essential family living expenses, 4) reorganize the farming operation and 5) refinance certain debts. For more information, visit http://disaster.fsa.usda.gov

Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish (ELAP) provides financial assistance to eligible producers of livestock, honeybees, and farm-raised fish for losses due to disease, certain adverse weather events, or loss conditions, including blizzards and wildfires, as determined by the Secretary. ELAP assistance is provided for losses not covered by other disaster assistance programs authorized by the 2014 Farm Bill, such as losses not covered by the Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP) and the Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) .

Farm Aid: Family Farm Disaster Fund: Farm Aid created the Family Farm Disaster Fund to help farm families survive weather-related disasters. Few businesses are as vulnerable to natural disasters as farms. In times of drought, flooding, or other natural disasters, farmers can lose their crops and livestock, and with them their income for the year. Weather disasters also cause non-crop losses that can impact farms for years to come, and force families off their land. Additionally, the emotional toll of weather disasters can hit hardest after the immediate response period has ended, when farmers least expect it. https://www.farmaid.org/donate/family-farm-disaster-fund/

Email Us:

Call or text us:
Office: +1 (512) 656-2456

1451 John West Rd. Dallas, TX 75228

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software